Purchasing Agent to provide support in purchasing of quality, and cost-efficient, services and supplies for our farms and offices. Involved in the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, and need broad technical knowledge when acquiring services and supplies. Works with farms, executives, finance and administration to purchase forecasted supplies, technical and sophisticated equipment, which require complicated vendor and product research and complex bid and specifications writing. This position may also provide assistance with negotiating and writing of bid specifications and contracting.
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing.
- Strong customer service skills working with diverse populations.
- One year of full-time purchasing experience which must include purchasing practices, procedures, and techniques such as determining specifications, placing purchase orders, and processing requisitions.
- Experience with Google Office Apps and Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on spreadsheets and word processing
Preferred Qualification :
- 4 years of relevant work experience, BA degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience in agriculture industry a BIG plus with familiarity of farm and/or hemp required resources.
- Experience with negotiating and writing bid specifications and contracts.
- Experience using querying and reporting tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply a wide variety of complex policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not always exist. Ability to work with frequent changes in policies and procedures, under pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and research skills; ability to gather, evaluate, and to develop well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations. Ability to proactively assess work operations and anticipate potential problems; ability to develop and implement strategies for preventing/resolving problems.
- Ability to effectively perform work of a highly sensitive and confidential nature that requires access to information. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Initiative in independently planning, organizing, and performing work assignments within broadly defined parameters.
- Ability to coordinate several functions and determine the relative importance of each; ability to work with a high level of productivity and accuracy/attention to detail. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, social media platforms, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the office with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.