Phytonyx is seeking a motivated, dynamic and team-oriented paralegal to join one of Oregon’s largest hemp seed / CBD producers. This position will focus on supporting the executive team administratively and advising Phytonyx leadership on legal matters, will be based in our Ashland office, and will report to the CEO/co-owner. Candidates must have excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, team environment.
The Paralegal/Executive Assistant will attend to wide variety of admin/legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, templates and other documents, including: agricultural land agreements and leases; intellectual property licenses; contract manufacturing, white label, & co-packer agreements; vendor supply agreements; software and cloud services agreements; advertising agreements; and professional services agreements.
- Executive Assistant responsibilities for the Executive Team; Travel arrangements, meeting minutes, managing executive calendars.
- Provide legal and non-legal administrative support to Executive staff.
- Advertising, content, marketing, promotions review and guidance.
- Review and prepare documentation and internal policies for legal risk mitigation, corporate governance, and corporate compliance.
- Working with executive leadership and other business units to identify and manage key risks and opportunities.
- Track the progress of all contract agreements, amendments, termination of contracts, assignment documents and other legal documents.
- Coordinate with counsel when necessary to assist in the negotiation and revision of contracts and related documents.
- Work independently to assist Executive team and provide support with transactional matters.
- 1-3 years professional experience in a Legal Law Firm, preferably with a focus in a highly regulated, cannabis and/or food and beverage industry.
- Must be relationship-oriented with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, as well as strong research, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with well and negotiate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong administrative skills, Google Apps & Microsoft Office proficient.
- Position is located in Ashland, OR. Some travel (< 10%) may be required.