The Public Relations/Content Specialist will nurture strong industry and media networks, increase awareness and develop a strong corporate image by developing and disseminating branded content for effective communication and media relations programs.
Must be a savvy wordsmith and talented content creator to write and produce various types of content on a continuous basis in a fast-paced environment, to expand our company’s traditional and digital footprint, awareness, followers and leads in the B2B and consumer brand spaces. The PR/Content Specialist will be expected to develop and sustain the company’s branding, positioning, messaging and voice across all content.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a public relations plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinates all public relations activities including media inquiries and interview requests.
- Leverages existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within industry, business and consumer media.
- Creates content for press releases, byline articles, blogs, website, advertising, publications and presentations in support of driving leads and awareness, and/or other important marketing and sales metrics.
- Maintains a keen understanding of industry trends affecting customers and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Works with in-house staff and outside vendors to produce dynamic photo, video and multimedia content.
- Manages and builds various email lists and campaigns, including branded templates, calls-to-action, and content.
- Measures PR results and suggests nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
- Develops documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Provides on-going competitive content assessment of all applicable web properties and social platforms.
- Ensures content quality for Phytonyx’s social media channels, overseeing Phytonyx’s Social Media Specialist.
- Completes weekly status reports outlining major and minor deliverables.
- Ability to learn new tools and applications quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies in the social media and digital marketing space
- Conceptual ability for potential digital and social campaigns
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline or at least 3-5+ years of marketing experience producing content.
- Experience designing and executing successful public relations campaigns.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to adapt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of customers.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Experience building audiences online.
- Proficient in MailChimp, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Monday.com and CRM software.